Wimpy Woman

I felt so old last weekend! Arrggh!

In the Diamond Peak Wilderness area where my husband bow-hunts for elk and deer, I took the first day of our camping trip "off" to just hang around camp and do whatever I pleased - alone! The second day, though, I was prepared to follow him up into the wilds to show him "I'm with ya all the way, honey!"

Last summer I helped him pack out hefty carvings of elk meat. The season before that was my first hike up there. I'd been working out at CURVES for more than a year, so I actually impressed him with my stamina.

After our last mission trip to Zambia, Africa, I decided to drop out of CURVES to help pay off our debts. In just a manner of weeks I could tell my legs were getting wimpy. "Oh well, I thought, it's all for the sake of the kingdom..."

Well, you can guess where I'm going with this. I was a wreck! Huffin' and puffin' up the hill, gasping, stumbling... totally embarrassing. I was done before we got to the first landmark that his buddy named "Kelly's Stand". He was worried he'd have to pack ME out!

So I sent him on while I played with my camera and explored the rock formations. He was only gone about an hour, then he walked me back to camp.

I called CURVES as soon as we got home!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's amazing how quickly the human body can get out of shape. Much like our obedience with God. I'm glad to hear you were able to get back to your routine. :] As for me, I struggle on a daily basis to try and keep my eyes, ears and heart open for what God has for me. I hope you and your wonderful family are doing well, please keep us updated. :}

We love you,

erica

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Summer Garden

How Many of Me Are There?

Thou Shalt Play