Living for Joy

"Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights."

Habakkuk 3:17-19 NIV

______________

This may sound depressing, but let’s look a little deeper. This scripture “according to Kathy” would go like this:

"Though the list of things I need may be long,
very long, overwhelming and impossibly long;
yet I will rejoice in my Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

My strength and my joy comes from the Lord,
who is Sovereign;
He can give me strength no matter what I have
and He enables me to walk in the highest places!"

This week I am encouraged (and yes, joyful!) that God has heard my prayer concerning employment, and His blessing is coming soon. With some days of fasting and tuning my hearing, I believe, as I have asked, “a good job” is about to open up for me. I will walk on the heights! I’ll keep you posted…

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Comments

KaraBeagle said…
Mine would go:

Though my business is declining,
Though I am going in debt this season,
Though my health is not perfect,
Though I cannot trust in tomorrow,

It is God who provides, and even if He should let me starve or go homeless, still I will praise Him, still I will trust in my salvation and my eternal home.

Whom I have in heaven, but Thee? And besides Thee I desire nothing on earth. My heart and my flesh may fail, but You are the strength of my heart and my glory for ever and ever.

(okay, so that last bit is older than I am....but it's good!!)

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Summer Garden

How Many of Me Are There?

Thou Shalt Play