Friday Thoughts

FOR TODAY: October 31, 2008

Outside My Window... the rain is still not serious about Fall. The golden leaves are just waiting for a good storm to knock them off and send them on a wild ride!
I am thinking... it is good to love the Lord. I found it very irritating as a teen, when my Grandma Ina would ask me about some of my friends, "Does he love the Lord? In my religious and righteous self, I thought there were more important things to assess than just their love for God. (what about how well they perform?) But it's true. His heart wants our heart's love. "You shall love the Lord your God with ALL your heart..."
I am thankful for... oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips.
From the kitchen... the dishwasher will get my time when I get back from class!
I am wearing... a warm cotton sweater and jeans, and more moisturizer on my skin than I would have imagined wanting just a few years ago. Yup, it's drying up after age 50!
I am creating... a new family-flock of chickens. I have acquired 5 Silver-Spangled Hamburg bantams. One of them is a young cockerel who is strutting his stuff in front of his captive hen audience. He'll have them all to himself for a week in the coop before I will let them out to free-range. He's more comical than any cartoon character on the planet!
I am going... to Dave Ramsey's Live Event tomorrow in Portland, OR. My husband and I are volunteers to help manage the tables.
I am reading... John Eldredge's book, Waking the Dead.
I am hoping... to get 4 more assignments done this afternoon.
I am hearing... big raindrops hitting my skylight.
Around the house... it's quiet and still, with the fire crackling randomly in the wood stove.
One of my favorite things... drool running out of my grandson's wide smile.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Here is picture thought I am sharing...I'm still enjoying my memories of Zambia.
.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.
Would someone like to tell me how to make the image button perform its function, so I can upload a picture here - within this text area? Usually, when I select it, a dialog box just flickers and disappears. Thank you!

Comments

KaraBeagle said…
If you wait for a moment, will it open another window for you? Or perhaps it's hiding the upload image window behind another window you have open....or maybe it's something you need to chante in your settings? See how little I know? Only I have to wait a few seconds for the window to pop up at times....

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Summer Garden

How Many of Me Are There?

Thou Shalt Play