A Sad Day

The Simple Woman's Day Book
FOR TODAY: Monday December 29, 2008
Outside My Window...it's too dark to see anything - it's 11:22 p.m. I'm looking out a different window now, anyway, since we moved my computer from the dining room to my new office in a bedroom.
I am thinking...that I saw the bad news coming. I couldn't connect the home network, though I'd worked on it all morning. I left the house to get my workout and couldn't easily shake the disappointment I felt in myself. Late this evening we got the email that told of one of our family's marriages being in trouble.
I am thankful for...the fact that no matter how dark times have gotten in my life, I've never totally "lost it". I know, I just know, that God's hand is with me. That place of stillness is unmatched, and His presence often more keenly felt in the dark, lonely places of the night. He doesn't often speak to me in English - it's an understanding of the heart. But that understanding often comes after I've read the Bible in the quiet (with no clock ticking).
From the kitchen...we are blessed with cupboards and refrigerators full of holiday food.
I am wearing...lighter-weight clothes since the freeze has passed.
I am creating...on purpose, a deeper hungering in my heart for closeness with God. Right now that means that I am limiting my eating.
I am going...to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico before spring springs!
I am reading...the January 2009 issue of Prevention magazine.
I am hoping...to find that song in my heart again.
I am hearing...(in my mind) the scripture I read last night from Proverbs (see below).
Around the house...a bit of disarray. We've made a fine mess of rearranging and discarding!
One of my favorite things...little stashes of chocolate around the house - the ones Jerry hasn't found yet!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: to continue this "limbo-land" of days between Christmas and New Year's Day getting little projects done around the house with my husband: Replacing our tub's faucet, loading up sacks to take to Goodwill (already took one trunk full!), building my chickens a couple of nest boxes, and hopefully getting a good start on Amy's comforter.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...My family in 1966.

My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body.
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips. Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.
Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil. Proverbs 4:20-27 NIV

* . * . * . * . * . * . * . * . * .

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'll try it again for you.
I am thinking...how you enjoy the quiet of the night and I enjoy the quiet of the morning.
I am thankful for...31 years with the woman I love.
From the kitchen...hot coffee
I am wearing...old jeans and a long sleeve T shirt.
I am creating...This comment in hopes that it will bless you.
I am going...to finish some projects and then watch the Duck bowl game.
I am reading...the Gospel of Luke
I am hoping...that hope and revelation will reach a young man who desperately needs both right now.
I am hearing...the ticking of the clock,the whir of my computer and the song in my head "I'm tradin my sorrows".
Around the house...all is quiet and at rest.
One of my favorite things...the sound of your laughter and the thought of growing old with you.(well two of my favorite things) I love you Kathleen, Jerry.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Summer Garden

How Many of Me Are There?

Thou Shalt Play