I read the most fascinating account of Anabaptist and Mennonite history and now I’m grieved that I can’t find it again. In simple terms I was lead through European church history. I learned about the birth of faith that differed from the mainstream in the 1500s, saw pictures of current Mennonite believers without head coverings (I didn't know that could be!), read excerpts of the book Martyr’s Mirror, and devoured the history of the church in the U.S.

Then I decided to do some housekeeping in my computer and cleaned out my cookies and browsing history. I can’t find that informative site now. Rats.

I’ve always been intrigued by early church history. One of my favorite courses in high school was Renaissance and Reformation, where I learned about the corrupt politics of the ruling “church.” In my Jr. High years my Sunday School teacher gave me a book entitled Not Regina, by Christmas Carol Kaufman. It was a tale about a young Anabaptist convert and her escape from persecution.

What does all this mean to me now? Only that it could be part of the answer to my prayer for unity among believers. What would display our purpose to be his more appropriately than for interaction and understanding to happen between us?

Jesus prayed, “…that they may be one, even as we are one (John 17.22).”
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Summer Garden

How Many of Me Are There?

Thou Shalt Play