The Pleasure of Washing a Plate

I dug my apron out of my luggage this morning and went to work pushing counter-top appliances around to wipe and scrub. I guess I feel enough a part of this new family that I can start helping tidy up.

I don't know how to describe the simple pleasure of washing the dishes. Being here with my son's family has made me reminisce about my "younger mother" days. I wore the badge of HOMEMAKER proudly, because to me it meant that my husband and I were in agreement that this was the best investment we could make together. We supported each other, and it was all for love.

"You shall love the Lord your God...love your neighbor as yourself."

So I washed the plates, swept the floor, managed the garbage, did some laundry and played Mario Brothers and Wii games with Ayden. Some of these things are not my most favorite activities, but love causes me to live outside of self. That is my joy.

uouououououououououo

Comments

Pam said…
So enjoyable to read your heart in your words, Kathy! This "grandma stage" is lots of fun, isn't it?
love & blessings,
Pam Lewis

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Summer Garden

How Many of Me Are There?

Thou Shalt Play