The hardest thing today was telling my parents about our plans for Jerry's unemployment. They survived World War 2 and the Great Depression. How do you just walk away from a good job?
We sat in our living room tonight with a bowl of (Oregon Hazelnut, Dad's favorite flavor) ice cream. I put some homemade cookies in a take-home baggy (that always pleases him) on his lap, and Jerry and I took turns attempting to explain our thoughts and plans for the future.
1. We just know it is the right step and the right time.
2. We don't know exactly what follows that.
3. We know that Jerry will have work that he will enjoy.
4. God is faithful, and we will do our best to follow him.
5. Like the poor tailor promised in Fiddler On the Roof, to his future father-in-law, in effect, "your daughter will not starve."
6. It may be a leap into the unknown, but here we go!