How Many of Me Are There?

In this part of Oregon I share my name with several Kathy Davises, and the name Kathleen Davis is just about as common. Online the most prominent Kathy Davis I encounter is a well-known greeting card artist. I would love to have created her colorful designs myself but no, I didn't. I found one who is a lawyer and another who I thought was a bit odd. No, that wasn't me, either! At Adams Elementary School in the 60s it seemed there were Kathys in every classroom. I believe it was in 2nd grade that there were 3 of us, and believe-it-or-not, one of them was a blonde-haired girl named Cathy Davis! I was brown-haired Kathy Sheldon, and I honestly don't remember the other Kathy. That was the first year I distinguished myself by asking to be called Kathleen. Aside from my husband, these days there are only 2 or 3 people who still call me that. At one point, I remember, I wished for a dreamy princess name like Cinderella or something. So glad THAT dream didn't come true! Cinderella Sheldon Davis, oh dear! That's why I stuck my maiden name in my title for my new website. I may still be a little bit envious of people with simple but unique author's names like Dorcas Smucker, but I'll get over it. I'm thankful for what I've been given. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= I'm in the process of relocating my blog. WordPress hosts my writings now at KathySheldonDavis.com. This new location will give me room to grow and more fascinating things to learn about blog writing and other very cool stuff. Check it out and leave a comment if you like. Your thoughts would be interesting to me. Thanks a bunch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Summer Garden

Thou Shalt Play