Relax, My Skin!

Just now I was finishing up my homework and realized that I was running my finger down my cheek. It was soft, and smoothe, and pleasantly relaxed.

I can't think of another word for it. It was relaxed. Not agitated. Not hyper-sensitive. Not anxious to get "worked up" and hot. The hives are practically gone!

Every morning this week I woke up with a swollen face. The first three days I puttered around at home. I didn't work out because I needed to keep my skin cool. I had to pull my hair back tight, because one little hair laying against my cheek would actually "hurt". And I was too conscious of my misshapen face to go out in public.

Even my clothing was an irritation to me.

And I scratched. And where I scratched my skin would erupt with displeasure and welts - and make scratch marks that wouldn't soon go away. Then they would itch!

Then there were the questions: was it something I ate? is it stress? maybe the new vitamin pills?

The research told me that 90% of us will get hives at some time or other, and that a substantial percentage never know for sure what brought it on.

Hives is just weird.

Thank you, Mom and Dad, for bringing me groceries and Chinese dinner! I never stop appreciating your loving concern for me. I'm your over 50-year old little girl!

I got well enough to go to work after three days, and by Sunday I was back in church on the worship team. It took a full week, and tonight I touched my skin...

and it was soft,

and relaxed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Summer Garden

How Many of Me Are There?

Thou Shalt Play