Waiting, But Not Idle

My husband and I have decided that I should begin (once again) to actively pursue my career in proofreading with Christian publishers. It's not because a week has passed since I quit my jobs and I'm desperate, but because God hasn't led me away from going that direction!

I've been reading the book of Jeremiah this month. As I quieted myself one evening before reading, I began to ask God some questions about the future of the children I may be caring for. This is what I came to:

"This is what the Lord, the God of Israel says: 'Like these good figs, I regard as good the exiles from Judah, whom I sent away from this place to the land of the Babylonians. My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord. They will be My people, and I will be their God, for they will return to Me with all their heart.'" Jeremiah 24:5-7

My entry in my journal: "I accept these words as being spoken to the house of (the children I'm praying for). Promises of coming back, of building up, of planting, of knowing God and being His - the end of captivity!"

To clarify my beliefs: The foster care system is not holding the children or their family in bondage. The bondage I believe God is talking about (to me) is the bondage to the lies that can't be overcome. Lies about who they really are, and who God is.

His promise: He will watch over them and bring them back to that safe and healthy place with Him where He will build them up, plant good stuff in them, and change their hearts so that they will know who He is - like they've never known before! Yes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Summer Garden

How Many of Me Are There?

Thou Shalt Play