I’m Coming Back!

I google searched for exercises to help my tendinitis this week (elbow and wrist pain) and started right in with stretching and gingerly working the tendons that hurt. Yea, it’s helping!

It’s been about 6 weeks since I left my transcription job in the LCC Health Clinic. I had basically worked myself too hard, wanting so badly to do well that I wasn’t listening to the complaints from my joints. Gripping the mouse, almost strangling the poor guy, and pounding on the keyboard to get a few more lines done before the deadline only caused more self-induced stress.

Now the wrist braces are off, the elbow strap is gone, and I’ve restarted my workouts in the pool. I am so thankful for movement, thankful that I can be well again, thankful to Jesus for progress.

My “word for the day” is unwind. Just like I open up my fingers and straighten them against their stiffness, I need to unwind my mind from the concerns of life. I imagine our bodies and our minds are more connected than we know.

On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, and a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. When Jesus saw her, he called her forward and said to her, "Woman, you are set free from your infirmity." Then he put his hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God (Luke 13:10-13 NIV).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Summer Garden

How Many of Me Are There?

Thou Shalt Play