My Tax Lady

I survived my date with the tax lady today. Why does anything to do with numbers rattle me so? And why, especially, are numbers associated with the IRS especially disconcerting? I worked so hard to keep my bits of potentially important information stacked in the correct columns, but I still am not sure I succeeded. Numbers always misbehave in my columns. The devious things.

My tax lady is a gift from God, however. She pins those little buggers down and makes them stay. She understands them, and they respect her. I am so thankful for my tax lady!

In 2009 I closed one business and started a new one. Closer Look Proofreading is gone. My .com Web site has disappeared. My associates notified. My resource books sold. Why should the numbers be wiggling around if I have declared the business dead? Okay, I have one friend who wants me to proof her Web site, but that's all!

I have enjoyed transcribing medical documents for 2 years now, and in November I gained my first "long-term transcription relationship" with steady work locally. I love this stuff! I can do this! I can put the medical information in the right locations and it behaves. I thoroughly enjoy my new work, probably much like my tax lady enjoys hers. She should like my columns even better now - she'll have MORE numbers to command!

_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=

Comments

Jen Price said…
Oh, boy tax season! I'm going to see your little grandson this weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Summer Garden

How Many of Me Are There?

Thou Shalt Play