Annie Toes Dog



I think it's spring fever that caused me to start too many tomato, zucchini, and red poppy plants on my windowsill. I have ten pullets (immature hens) in my hen house, which should bring far more eggs than a family of three would need. Maybe I'm just living out my determination to never back down from starting new projects just because I might die (or something) before I complete them. Is there such a thing as an "overachiever" hormone in an over-50 woman?

We adopted Annie from the animal shelter last week. Why not start another project? I've never allowed an "indoor" dog before, so now I'm learning another new thing. Training her will be fun, though we've got to be patient with her timidness.

Perhaps I will sell eggs, or chickens, or vegetable starts. They're all intertwined, you see. The chickens can help eat the garden (so will the deer and rabbits), the dog's scent will deter critter-predators to some degree, and eggs from the farm are just too nice to pass up. I'll still get my hours of part-time work in and finish my homework. Why not try?

My husband came up with the name Annie. My 5-year-old grandson suggested "Toes." He noticed all her toenails are black except for one. Such an observant guy!
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Comments

KaraBeagle said…
I have found that training people to notice a nudge on the knee that means "I need out NOW" is much more difficult than training the dog. The people ignoring the dog will untrain it faster than you can train it..and before long, it's only YOU that the dog will ask to go out..and when you aren't there, even though other ARE, well.... (okay, I have said too much about my boys!!)

Popular posts from this blog

How to Start Your Summer Garden

How Many of Me Are There?

Thou Shalt Play